Pistol Fundamentals 1
This beginner pistol class is perfect for anyone just starting to learn about firearms and will start to give you the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. During this 3 hour class you will learn:
- Firearm safety
- Basic pistol familiarization including the parts of a pistol
- Individual firearm familiarization with your pistol (or one of ours if you don’t own one)
- Shooting fundamentals including stance, grip, aiming, breath control, trigger control, and follow through
- Range familiarization and etiquette
In addition, the price of this class includes a private lesson with one of our instructors (scheduled separately after purchase) to apply the fundamentals at the range. We find that this allows us to provide the individual attention needed so you can proceed at a pace that you are comfortable with. This private lesson will also include range familiarization so that you feel comfortable returning to the range on your own.
- You do not have to have a firearm to attend this class. If you do own a firearm, you are welcome to bring it to both the class and private lesson. If you do not own a firearm, we will have firearms for you to use. In fact, if you do not own a firearm then we encourage you to attend this class before buying one!
- There will not be any shooting during the classroom portion. We feel this makes learning more accessible to people and creates a more inviting place to come with an open mind and questions.
- There is NO ammunition allowed in the classroom. This is a safety precaution to prevent any accidents and we appreciate everyone doing their part to keep everyone safe!
- We will send out an reminder email to everyone registered for the class with the location, additional information, and any updates a few days before the class.
- The content of this course is the same as the “Women’s Introduction to Pistol” class that we teach at Shoot Indoors in Broomfield. If you were in that course and are interested in continuing your firearms education please check out our Pistol Fundamentals 2 class!
Whether you are unsure if firearm ownership is for you, have just purchased your first gun, or want to build up your basic pistol knowledge, this course sets the fundamentals for safe and responsible gun ownership.
This class is taught in Arvada, Colorado and serves the Denver and Northern Colorado area.